Quiz: Comprehension Questions for CCSS or AR
Many education programs ask for comprehension questions for a book or a text. The suggested questions below could be used:
- The Common Core State Standards emphasizes non-fiction and asks students to build content knowledge and draw knowledge from a text, especially to cite specific textual evidence. Use the following questions to explore comprehension.
- a Teacher-Made Accelerated Reader quiz
An alternate quiz can be found at QuizWik, which “Serves the school community with freely shared teacher-made book quizzes for AR, RC and IDQuiz.”
Reading Level for WISDOM, THE MIDWAY ALBATROSS: 840L or 3-5 grade reading level; ATOS 4.0, 0.5 pts
You can add your own Reading Practice Quizzes to Accelerated Reader. These quizzes are called Teacher-Made Quizzes. You can add up to 500 Teacher-Made Quizzes for each school (quiz numbers 900-1399 are reserved per school for these quizzes). Adding Teacher-Made Quizzes is a two-part process: first, you must add basic information about the quiz; then, you add the questions and answers. Each time the quiz is taken by a student, the questions will be presented in a random order. Read more how-tos here.
(Correct answers marked by *)
- Where does this story take place?
- Midway Atoll, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
- * Midway Atoll, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
- In Alaska.
- In Japan.
- What is Gooney’s favorite food?
- Big Fish
- Which event happened first?
- Gooney was banded by Chandler Robbins.
- *Gooney survived a tsunami from a Kamchatka, Russia earthquake.
- Gooney was given the name, Wisdom.
- Gooney got a red leg band, number Z333.
- Why did scientists give Gooney the name of Wisdom?
- Because she liked to eat squid.
- Because she lived on Midway Atoll.
- *Because she had survived in the wild for over 50 years.
- Because she laid an egg.
- Which sentence is true?
- *For over 60 years, Wisdom has survived many natural and man-made disasters.
- Wisdom is a parakeet.
- Wisdom dies when the tsunami from the Japanese earthquake destroyed her nest.
- Wisdom has hatched over 100 chicks.